Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Macbook pro review

I have been using my macbook pro for about five months now and have enjoyed using OS X for the time being . The overall experience  of using OS X is just great though i had initial problems with using NTFS drives or windows formatted drives which was a common problem for myself and my peers for quite a bit but then i found out about ntfs for mac which lets you use windows formatted drives on a mac .

After a week of using my mac i realised that i needed to have a case for my mac so i looked around for a speck 15 " for my macbook pro retina , though i was unable to find a black case .......
i resolved this issue by buying a case through a online dealer . Another problem i faced with my mac was that the 256gb SSD was not enough for my need thus i decided to get a 2TB usb 3.0 hard drive ,which i recommend all users to do as the 1TB flash from apple will cost you a lot ! .

The 2880*1800 resolution is great , and the colors are just perfect . The viewing  angles are good enough for an average user .My mac utilises Intel Iris Pro  graphics with 1536 MB of vram .

The keyboard is a bit strange at first if you were used to the old fashioned keyboard but over time you will prefer these keys over your oem keyboard .




As i am a game developer  i use unity and monodevelop regularly and the mac can handle these programs with no lag . The gpu can handle older games such as the call of duty  games on the lowest settings and you should have no problem playing simpler less graphic intensive games such as world of warcraft or league of legends .

While using chrome or safari you could easily have 10-20 tabs open and experience no lag thanks to the 16 GB of ram that the machine has 

Specs of my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)-

quad core 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor 
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
256 SSD 
2880*1800 resolution 


finally, though the macbook pro can't play any graphically demanding games but is a great machine if you want to photoshop ,surf the web or even play some movies but the price of 7899 dhs is too high for the laptop a price that apple fanboys are willing to pay but not first time mac users such as myself.
For 7899 i would expect a better graphics card preferably from AMD and at least a 1TB ssd .

No comments:

Post a Comment